Needing an escape from the big city?
An idyllically located resort set amongst the hills of the far north of Thailand is offering great packages to allow our guests to enjoy a range of adventurous and cultural activities in a stunning setting. Perfect for families, so please read on!
Single room: Baht 5 150
Twin/double room: Baht 6 400
Twin/Double room with an extra bed: Baht 9 150
Family suite (Double with an adjoining twin room)
- Two adults and one child: Baht 10 500
- Two adults and two children: Baht 11 750
- Two adults and three children: Baht 14 500
‘We have a lot of experience in traveling with a family but I have to say this trip, resort and service was extraordinary’ Magnus from Shanghai
‘I am racking my brains to think of something that I can find fault with during our five day stay at the MRVR, and am drawing a blank. The resort itself is beautiful. Thanks to the resort’s amazing location we were able to trek through jungle, kayak down the river, go mountain biking, as well as taking a longboat trip back to Chiang Rai.’ Nadia from Singapore
The Maekok River Village Resort, located in the north of Chiang Mai province, is offering special ‘extended stay’ packages, based on a minimum of 3 night stay. However, as there is so much to do, one of the most frequent comments we receive from departing guests is ‘We wished we could have stayed longer’. So do consider adding a few more days!
We offer a great holiday experience with a difference – the difference being having a wide range of adventurous, cultural/local tours or community programmes to choose from, and at the same time enjoying the comforts of staying in a high quality resort
- The adjacent outdoor centre provides a range of facilities and activities to keep guests active all day…abseiling, a climbing wall, high ropes course, archery range and low beams course provide fun challenges. There is also a beach volleyball court, pool volleyball, a basketball court, a sport’s field, table tennis room, snooker and pool room. A team of qualified and experienced instructors are ready to provide the expert instruction and care required.
- Offsite, we have hiking, biking, kayaking and tubing also available. Again, our experienced instructors will guide and lead.
- Gain an appreciation of the cultural diversity of this areas by visiting the Golden Triangle, hilltribe villages and Chinese settlements
What else is there to do?
- Whilst the children are being expertly looked after parents can visit local places of interest (if the kids are not interested), have a massage or enjoy a Thai cooking course in our purpose-built cooking school……and whilst you are doing that, the kids can be cooking their own meal ‘jungle-style’ in the woodland next to the resort.
- Would you like to teach English for a morning? Some of our guests’ best memories are the experience of going to one of our local schools and teaching English. Guidance and materials are provided of course. It is a challenge, but experiencing the welcome and appreciation makes it a very worthwhile experience.
So if you want a truly memorable holiday ‘with a difference’, the Maekok River Village Resort is the place to be!
The three night package at the MRVR includes:
- Double or twin rooms with breakfast (adjoining rooms available for families)
- Two onsite activities (archery, abseiling, climbing, confidence course or high ropes)
- One offsite half day activity (hiking, biking, kayaking, tubing)
- Half day English teaching if desired.
- Additional activities , local tours and Thai cookery courses will attract a 25% discount
But if you would prefer to just relax and do your own thing, please ask about accommodation only packages.
Most guests arrive from Chiang Rai or Chiang Mai (from the airports or from the city) and we can arrange transfers at very reasonable prices. However if you have time and would care to see a bit more of Thailand, the following can be arranged.
- Day 1. Morning pick up from Bangkok by minibus. Drive to Khampaeng Phet (about 4.5 hours) and check-in to a ‘3 star’ hotel near the river. Later that afternoon, visit the Khampaeng Phet Historical Park a very impressive area with 13th to 17th century ruins. Much less visited than Sukhothai or Ayutthaya but easily as attractive.
- Day 2. Depart for Chiang Mai, and stop at the Elephant Conservation Centre at Lampang on the way where a visit to the elephant hospital is a must. Carry onto Chiang Mai and overnight in a city centre hotel.
- Day 3. Leave for the Maekok River Village Resort after breakfast. Various places can be visited to break the 3 hour journey such as Chiang Dao caves. There is also the opportunity to take a longer route and visit the lovely Royal Project at Doi Ankhang, set high in the mountains and enjoying a temperate climate.
- Day 4, 5 and 6 (or more!) at the resort.
- Day 7 Several return journeys are possible with a one or two day minibus drive or fly out of Chiang Rai Airport (under 1.5 hours from the resort.) Taking a boat to Chiang Rai through the Maekok River gorge is also a popular way to depart for the airport. A lovely 3 hour journey.
For packages which include transfers with stopovers and visits, please contact me for more information. Prices will depend on the number of guests, as well as the desired return journey method.
Please also make contact if you wish to have costs for accommodation only or for a longer than 3 night stay.
Bryan and Rosie Massingham